- Outstanding virtual workshops
- Passionate and knowledgeable speakers and keynote
- Virtual networking
- Inspiration & empowerment
The event engages urban servant leaders who work in fragile urban communities throughout the United States. The un-conference organizers understand that progress requires accountability, education and engagement for all to benefit from a just society that values everyone's life, role, and contribution.
This year's theme is: Navigating The New Normal: What Now?
- Public Policy: From the streets to a seat at the table - This track will expose participants to the role of urban servant leaders who wish to influence government, local and state leaders on laws, regulations and policies concerning issues important to the community. Participants will explore strategies for community-wide voter engagement as well as the topic of education reform.
- Economic Development: Now anything is possible - Covid-19 has exposed more than the effects of a global pandemic. Social distancing and isolation has exposed new problems that need solutions. This track will share tactics that solo-preneurs and entrepreneurs can implement to take advantage of communities' new normal. Additionally, we will explore ways that servant-led, community based organizations can build the capacity to dispatch a mix of innovative tech-centric and interpersonal tools and approaches to meet the needs of a more virtual consumer base.
- The Healthcare Crisis: The COVID-19 revelation - The Covid-19 crisis has uncovered injustices and inequalities that have long threatened people’s well-being, safety, and lives. This track shares current and future healthcare industry responses to the specific health disparities of mental health, infant and maternal mortality and COVID-19 that impact under-resourced communities at alarming levels.
- Advancing Social Justice: What Now? - After international protests and recommended reforms, urban servant leaders, community leaders and stakeholders, civic and elected officials, philanthropic, for-profit, not for profit and non-governmental agencies have to answer the question, “How are we participating in the process of advocating and demanding:
- Equal Rights,
- Equal Opportunity, and
- Equal Treatment of every citizen no matter their education, economic standing, background, religion, sex or immutable characteristics.
This track shares strategies that every community can participate in. This will ensure that equality and justice is a liberty that every citizen has a role to play in. Additionally, we will delve into the state of race, religion, politics and justice through the lens of justice reform in the United States.