- Virtual Fireside chats with award-winning and best-selling authors from various literary genres including Children's, Memoir, Business/Career, Fiction, and Non-Fiction.
- Classes on Branding, Self-Publishing, Traditional Publishing, and Building Your Audience.
- Hear from Veteran Editors and Literary Agents.
- One-on-One Opportunities to Receive Feedback with our expert retreat facilitators.
- Mindfulness Practice and Yoga.
- Participate in group discussions and exchange ideas.
- Access to Writers Block (networking at the end of each day) with our Resident Retreat DJ
- And of course---time to Learn, Create, and Write!
The Secure The Seat Writers Retreat 2020
59 people attended
The Secure The Seat Writers Retreat 2020 is a two-day Virtual Writing Experience.
The retreat kicks off on Friday, May 15th at 11 a.m. ET and ends on Saturday, May 16th at 8 p.m. ET.
Who are some of the authors and experts you're going to hear from?
NY Times Best-Selling Authors: Dr. Ibram X. Kendi (AntiRacist and Stamped) and Eve Rodsky (Fair Play).
Award-winning Authors and Critically Acclaimed Writers: Natashia Deon (Grace); Katura Hudson (I'm A Big Sister Now); Steven G. Fullwood (Black Gay Genius); Maxie McCoy (You're Not Lost); Kanika Tolver (Career Rehab); Karen Fleshman (Doing Our Part to End Racism); Michelle King (The Fix), and Minda Harts (The Memo).
Literary Agent: Monica Odom (Odom Media Management)
Senior Editor: Kara Rota (Chicago Review Press)
Archivist: Miranda T. Mims (Nomadic Archivist Project)
Branding Strategist: Stephen A. Hart (Brand You Academy)
Mediation and Wellness Coach: Yemsrach (Yemmie) Tekletsadik
Resident DJ: Steve Vassor
ALL writers and aspiring writers are welcome to attend and participate.
Don't delay that idea you've been sitting on for years--Come Secure Your Seat!
Proudly Supported By
Literary Agent and Founder
NY Times Best-Selling Author
Author, The Fix
You're Not Lost
Special Collections Archivist