Join SEWF Digital to connect with thousands of leading social entrepreneurs, access world-class content and be part of the world’s biggest social enterprise conversation
This September, Social Enterprise World Forum C.I.C. (SEWF) is going virtual to hold our biggest event to date. SEWF Digital will champion the potential of social enterprises – small and large, rural and urban – to bring about inclusive and sustainable economic development. The week-long programme will feature keynotes and plenaries from three different world zones with live Q&A, online networking, and partner-organised sessions. Participants will also be able to self-organise content during the opening two days. Speakers will include leading social entrepreneurs and changemakers from across the world with over 4,000 participants from over 50 countries.
SEWF Digital event week features three parts:
- Monday/Tuesday focuses on connecting and learning through masterclasses, webinars, group discussion, specialist sessions, and nominated content (content nomination for registered participants is open from 1 July until 31 August).
- Wednesday/Thursday room partitions come down (virtually) with a series of keynote addresses and plenaries that will inspire and encourage action.
- Friday will focus on reflection and next steps as we close the event.
Each day the programme will start in Oceania/East Asia moving west to Africa/Europe/Asia and finishing in North, Central and South America. This means that no matter where you are in the world you can access live content and networking during your day. Content will also be recorded so that you can access it at any time up until September 2021.
SEWF DIGITAL: Additional information
Dates: Monday 21 September – Friday 25 September 2020
Times: 06:00 BST (UK) – 20:00 BST (UK) (start and end times vary each day). Please note that Hopin adjusts the programme timing to the time zone you are in. However, we recommend that you check the time shown on Hopin with the programme on our website (available soon) and your time zone.
The outline programme is available on our website
with many sessions included in the schedule below where you have the option to add them to your calendar.
Participant nominated content: SEWF registered participants can nominate session topics for the opening two days of SEWF Digital (one nomination per organisation per day). Nominations will be open from 1 July until 31 August through our SEWF Digital Slack channel. On registering for the event you will receive an email that includes details of how to access the SEWF Digital Slack channel.
There is a ticket cost to attend the event as although the event is virtual it still involves considerable resources. As a social enterprise we do not intend on generating a profit rather we want to encourage the biggest ever virtual social enterprise conversation and provide a space for the social enterprise community to connect. We aim to achieve a balance between ensuring SEWF is both enterprising and sustainable while making the event as accessible as possible. We thank all our partners and sponsors for their support, which has significantly reduced the participant fees.
- Early bird: Tickets priced at the early bird rate are only available until 1 August 2020 (23:59 BST/UK 31 July). After this date they will be charged at £49 GBP.
- Standard ticket: Ticket holders will have full access to the SEWF Digital event including access to recorded content until September 2021.
- Low income, lower middle income and conflict affected countries: As defined by World Bank Atlas at June 2019. The qualifying criterion is the regular business address of the delegate. Registrations will be checked and if the delegate address does not match the selected category the ticket will be cancelled.
- Start-up social enterprise / student / youth: Start-up social enterprise (within 24 months) employing fewer than 10 people and with turnover of less than £100,000 GBP at last accounts. Any full-time student. Please use your university/college email address to register. Anyone under 25 years old.
- Bursary tickets: There are two types of bursary tickets 1) COVID-19 Hardship tickets and 2) Low income, lower income and conflict affected countries. More details below.
- Group discount (10% for groups of 10 or more): Please contact [email protected] with the number of tickets required. Prior to 1 August the ticket price will be charged at the early bird rate (£39 per person).
Ticket prices include a non-refundable booking and administration fee. Please enter the details of the person to be registered on the right under "Tell us about yourself." Please note that you can only purchase one ticket option at a time. Also, at the time of purchase you must input the details of the participant and register that person for Hopin, which enables access to the event. After completing registration, you will receive an email confirmation from [email protected]
Please check your junk folders and mark the email address as “safe.” Following registration, ticket swaps are not possible. Prior to purchasing, please read our Terms and Conditions
for more details.
With thanks to the generous support of sponsors, partners and individuals, SEWF is building a bursary fund as we recognise that these are extremely difficult times for much of the social enterprise community. If you represent a social enterprise (leader, practitioner, board member) and have experienced a significant loss in business income of 50% as a result of the impacts of COVID-19 and/or are based in a low income, lower middle income or conflict affected country (as defined by World Bank Atlas at June 2019
), apply here
. These tickets are designated for people that genuinely cannot afford the standard registration fees and there are limited tickets available. For more information and to apply, visit SEWF Digital Bursary Application
Support the global social enterprise movement by sponsoring SEWF Digital. For more information, please contact [email protected]
with the subject “Sponsorship enquiry.”