The Resiliency Series is a series of online events designed for entrepreneurs to reconnect with each other, hear from a peer group about developing resiliency in this crisis, and plan for a hopeful future.
The economic landscape has changed - and will likely continue changing for quite awhile - so how can you adapt? We are living in a health crisis that is and will possibly remain unpredictable for years. Governments are continually making dramatic decisions that affect every part of our lives — but like with every disaster or downturn that Louisiana has weathered, as we pull together, we will emerge from this stronger than ever.
We have resiliency in our DNA.
Join us as we invite a panel of veteran entrepreneurs to share their hard-won wisdom earned from their experiences of weathering crises, whether they were disasters such as Hurricane Katrina or economic downturns like the one we’re facing now. They’ll share what they learned to develop a resilient approach to their businesses and lives, as our community plans for what the future looks like.
This series will cover topics such as:
- Resiliency during COVID19: Entrepreneurs who have survived and thrived during previous crises such as Katrina
- Cutting the burn rate and extending the runway (maximizing cash flow during the crisis to ensure survival)
- What’s next: Planning for our future
- Going virtual and other COVID19 hacks to keep your business rolling
As the event series progresses, we may add either additional concurrent breakout sessions, or additional weeks to the program, as we adjust to the changing circumstances.
While these events will be held online, they will be designed to support communication and interaction. It’s time for entrepreneurs to reconnect and feel part of a supportive community.
Join us and you’ll find:
- A panel of veteran entrepreneurs who have been through disasters and downturns
- Opportunities to connect with other entrepreneurs and professionals
- Networking! Yes, networking! We’ll have some speed video networking available to support making new connections.
- Visit the Expo Area to learn about entrepreneurial resources to support your business
- Visit a group chat room to jump in and say hi.
The weekly series is produced by The Silicon Bayou Collaborative: NexusLA, Idea Village and Opportunity Machine, work in a collaborative effort amongst the regional south Louisiana entrepreneurial ecosystem, to help Louisiana businesses survive and thrive.