Joining the event
Please note that the symposium is divided in two online events and you need to register to both to attend:
- Part 1: 21 & 22 September 2020
- Part 2: 23, 24 & 25 September 2020
PNS 5 YouTube Channel
As part of the PNS-5 Digital Journey, we are making available beforehand the video presentations from the speakers:
Getting around Hopin
- You are going to receive a reminder by email shortly before the event starts to make sure that you don't miss it!
- Similar to a physical event, you can choose where you want to go and what you'd like to attend. In the reception area you will find the complete agenda showing what is happening where.
- Once you are logged in the event area, on the right side of the screen, you'll find the main event chat where you can comment and interact with other participants. Make sure to look the event chat for any important announcements and updates. You can ask questions to the main stage speakers by using the stage chat.
- Aside from the event chat, you can Direct Message participants by browsing under the ‘People’ tab. You can also invite someone to join you in a private meeting room, by inviting them to a video call. Please make sure the other person is aware and interested in having a video call before sending the invitation.
You can navigate through different areas in the symposium on the left side of your screen.
- Reception: Upon opening Hopin and joining the event, you will land in the Reception area. You can think of the reception area as a venue’s lobby. Here you will find a complete overview of the agenda and you can follow what is currently happening and what is to come.
- Stage: This is the main stage of the symposium where all session will take place. When a session is live you see a red Live icon. The conference moderator will select questions from the audience from the stage chat.
- Session: In the “Sessions” area you find the three parallel sessions always open: the Coffee corner, the Tea corner and the Tech support. the first two can be used for casual conversations about the symposium for everyone. The other one is the tech support where you can go for assistance. You can easily change between the session room.
- Networking: You can connect with other participants in the “Networking” area through the entire duration of symposium. These “1-on-1” meetings will last up to 3 minutes, and you are able to leave the meeting at any time. A timer in the upper right hand corner will let you know how long remains in each chat. When time is up, your meeting will automatically end and you can click ‘Ready’ to be matched with a new participant. If you wish to exchange contact information with the other person in your meeting, both participants must click the 'Connect' button. If you connect, Hopin will share information such as your name and email address with the other participant. You can find the contacts you’ve made on your Hopin profile (under the ‘Connections’ tab. You can also select 'Unmatch' to lose the connection). Please note that you will be randomly matched with another participant in the networking area. You can Direct Message specific participants under the 'People' tab and invite someone to join you in a private meeting room, by inviting them to a video call.
- Expo: In the Expo area, you can find virtual booths hosted by event partners. You may access each booth to gather information about the partner and to interact with the host. Every expo booth will have its own chat so you can leave questions or interact with other participants. You can also visit here the PNS 5 Info Booth in the Expo area to know more about the symposium.
- While Hopin does work on mobile devices, for the best experience we strongly recommend that you use a desktop or laptop computer.
- We recommend using Google Chrome as browser to view the symposium (make sure that it is up to date). Safari and Internet Explorer are not fully supported as they lack the support needed for live video events.
- Make sure you only have one browser tab open with Hopin as there could be feedback or sound looping.
- For more information, you can check Hopin's FAQ.