In recent years the financial services industry has increasingly been at the forefront of efforts to reduce gambling-related harms - from the introduction of gambling blocks, to exciting developments in the use of data to support customers.
This virtual conference will bring together financial services professionals, regulators, politicians and researchers to explore how this work can be driven forward across the industry. It will be a chance to discuss the impact of existing tools and support mechanisms that firms are offering to customers, opportunities for further innovation, and the direction of regulatory and political developments in this space.
We’re delighted to announce our speakers will include:
- Professor Henrietta Bowden-Jones OBE - Founder and Director, the National Problem Gambling Clinic
- Danny Cheetham - Expert by Experience and campaigner for safer gambling
- Nicky Davies - Expert by Experience and
- Chris Fitch - Vulnerability Lead, Money Advice Trust, and Research Fellow, Personal Finance Research Centre
- Carolyn Harris MP - Chair of the APPG on Gambling-Related Harms
- Anna Hemmings - Chief Executive, GamCare
- Natalie Ledward - Vulnerability Manager, Monzo
- Neil McArthur - Chief Executive of the Gambling Commission
- Tim Miller - Executive Director, Gambling Commission
- Matt Robinson - Customer Needs, Strategy, Performance and Planning, Barclays
- Charlotte Grannan - Customers in Vulnerable Situations Policy Manager, Natwest
The morning will include keynote speeches from leading figures in the gambling and mental health sectors, panel discussions, Q&As and networking opportunities
Conference sessions will explore:
- The scale of problem gambling in the UK
- What banks are currently doing to support customers with problem gambling - what’s working well, and where the challenges exist
- The future of gambling and financial regulation and how this could affect financial services firms.