Sign up to the second EdTech industry collaboration to help schools and colleges deal with CV19 and the need for home learning.
Following our successful industry collaboration webinar on Thursday 26th March 2020, that 786 school leaders attended, we have been asked to host a second webinar to help schools and colleges reflect on what we have learnt over the last 8 weeks as we prepare to start to open schools again with a need for both physical teaching and online teaching at the same time.
The event is 60 minutes, shorter than last time to respond to your feedback. This webinar will be focused on;
1. What we have learned about choosing edtech companies - pitfalls to avoid and quick wins
2. The skills that are required by teachers to effectively deliver online learning
and our closing session
3. An introduction into the growing importance of preparing our students for the future of work (including the Gatsby benchmarks )
For this closing session, we will be joined by IBM and FutureLearn to look into the uncertain future students now face. COVID19 has accelerated the changes to the world of work - never has it been more important to consider how we as schools are preparing our students for the future of work. This will be a bigger topic that we will dive into the next school year together with you.
Lord Jim Knight, Mary Curnock Cook OBE and Nic Newman (DfE EdTech leadership group) will be facilitating.
We will be joined by the Department of Education online who want to understand more about the needs of schools and colleges in this time of difficult transition.
This online summit is being put on by an industry collaboration from Adobe, IBM, Ark, BESA, Edtech Impact, Emerge, Innovate My School, Medallia Crowdicity, TeachPitch, TES, The Key, Twinkl, United Learning, EDU, Education Alliance Finland and YPO.
- Lord Jim Knight, CCO TES
- Mary Curnock Cook, OBE
- Michael Forshaw, Innovate my School and Edtech Impact
- Lauren Thorpe, ARK
- Dr. Neelam Parmar, United Learning
- Dominic Traynor, Adobe
- Nic Newman, Emerge
- Chris Kenyon, CEO The Key
- Paul Smith, Deputy MD YPO
- Aldo De Pape, CEO TeachPitch
- Lucian Cosinschi, EDU
- Saila Juuti, Education Alliance Finland
- Atif Mahmood, Teacherly
- Justin Cooke, FutureLearn
- Mark Wakefield, IBM
You can access the first webinar and resources here:
- Recording of the EdTech Industry Webinar
- Agenda of the first event on Thursday 26th March 2020
- Transcript of the chat from the first event