The Global Forum is Cleantech Open’s annual flagship event and the culmination of the annual Cleantech Open US accelerator program.
For the first time in history, the 2020 Global Forum will be held entirely virtually on Friday, October 23rd, open to the public, and FREE - making it even more accessible for cleantech leaders, experts, and entrepreneurs from around the world.
Keynote speakers are:
- Bertrand Piccard, cleantech pioneer and chairman of the Solar Impulse Foundation
Bertrand is the visionary behind Solar Impulse, the history-making solar-powered plane he flew around-the-world in 2016. Through the Solar Impulse Foundation he now challenges himself to discover and validate 1000 innovative solutions that are logical as well as ecological, and protect the environment in a profitable way. Bertrand meets with government leaders and policy makers to carve a path for a prosperous circular economy.
- Ashley Grosh, Director, Gates Ventures
Ashley is a Director at Gates Ventures, the private office of Bill Gates, as part of the Breakthrough Energy Team, whose mission is to help lead the world on a path to net-zero emissions by 2050. Ashley will chat with Erik Steeb, who leads Incubatenergy Network at EPRI in a Q&A-style interview.
- Romie Basra, SVP and National Cleantech Practice Leader, Wells Fargo Technology Banking Group
Romie leads large-scale investments and lending — part of a $200B endeavor to facilitate the transition to a low-carbon economy. Romie will connect the standards entrepreneurs need to hit to secure funding from large institutions like Wells Fargo.
Once a year, the Global Forum brings together Cleantech Open’s current accelerator cohort of nearly 100 innovative cleantech companies to celebrate their progress, achievements, and impact in creating a sustainable, inclusive green economy.
They’re joined by over 400 industry leaders, cleantech entrepreneurs, sustainability experts, investors, and partner organizations for a series of shark tank-style pitches, a Showcase Expo, an awards ceremony, and lots of networking opportunities.
Find out more about the 2020 event, participating startups, and our sponsors at the Global Forum event site: bit.ly/cto2020gf
Since 2006, Cleantech Open has worked with over 1,600 early-stage cleantech innovators, advancing their business models, engaging investors, and securing first customers.
- Learn - hear about the latest innovation in environmental and sustainable technologies in areas ranging from energy, agriculture, and water, to transportation, and smart cities.
- Network - we anticipate an audience of over 400 industry insiders; a great opportunity to make new connections in the cleantech innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- Celebrate - meet nearly 100 passionate startups creating solutions to the world’s most pressing environmental and sustainability challenges.