6:00-6:15 pm - Welcome + Event Overview
Ika Washington of DiversityTalk and Jay Rosenthal of Business of Cannabis
6:15-6:45 pm - Panel 1 | Social and Culture: Social Impacts of Cannabis Legalization
- Omar Rodney, President + Founder, Organja Cannabis Society
- Hawa Hernandez-El Fayed, CEO, Queens Inspire Kings
- Justin Reid, Consultant, Cannabis Sommelier + Educator
- Moderator: Rebecca Brown, Founder + CEO, Crowns Agency
6:45-7:15 pm - Panel 2 | Social Corporate Responsibility
- Carmya Sa'd, Lawyer + Executive Director, NORML Canada
- Jerome Hoyte, Managing Partner, White Ash Group
- Mimi Lam, Co-Founder + CEO, Superette
- Moderator: Omar Yar Khan, National Cannabis Sector Lead, Hill+Knowlton Strategies
7:15-8:30 pm - One-on-One Networking
DiversityTalk is a platform and network for minorities to engage in opportunities in global markets, with a particular focus on the legal Cannabis and Healthcare markets. Our mission is to empower and create safe(R) spaces for minorities to share their stories and ideas. Through collaboration, our workshops, events, blogs and podcasts aim to dispel and mitigate stigma that continues to discriminate individuals. We are committed to creating safe(R) spaces and platforms that appropriately represent individuals and their interests from a diverse range of backgrounds and intersections. We are a network, founded by minorities for minorities. This is DiversityTalk's mission to bring people together who are often straddling on the margins of society.
About Cannabis Forward
Cannabis Forward is a nationwide cannabis professional networking series. Part of Business of Cannabis, Cannabis Forward was previously Leaf Forward with meet-ups throughout Canada. The series has moved completely virtual, and aims to drive engaging conversations for the cannabis industry and the professionals in it. As well, Cannabis Forward aims to be a place where people connect, network, learn and engage with one another.