At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Hopin is seeking a design leader who is visionary, experienced, and collaborative. We're looking for someone with the ability to go from the "big picture" view of a user experience right down to the "close-up" level of pixels and micro-interactions, someone who can be visionary and hands-on when needed.
We have a growing team of excellent designers that are fully remote and spread across the world. The role will work closely with the design, product, and engineering teams to drive the design of Hopin products forward.
Hopin is a company at a scale-up phase, with a product that is rapidly evolving. We are looking for someone that is proactive, highly motivated, driven, and comfortable with an ultra fast-paced scale-up environment.
- Advocate for amazing user experience for our users by becoming an expert in our product, our mission, and our customers’ problems.
- Own Product design at Hopin from end-to-end: we have a core product that is quickly scaling and a few new products that might be in the pipeline. We need a strong design leader that is able to unify and differentiate the design vision as needed.
- Grow, lead, and mentor a high-performing design team in-house while aligning with our 2 external design agencies, set up the design processes and culture that is needed for the team to succeed
- Represent Design within the company and work closely with senior leadership, Product and Engineering on drive decision-making in product features and roadmap that will have a significant impact on our business.
- Lead the evolution of overall UI and UX of our products by growing and maintaining our internal design system and component libraries, working closely with the engineering team to ensure that components are tested and meet spec.
- Work closely with the product team to ensure we’re using UX best practices and measuring our effectiveness using the right tools and metrics.
- 6-10 years of design experience, 2 years of leading a design team
- A solid design portfolio of digital products for viewing
- Working and collaborating with remote team members.
- Fast-paced environments and product based companies
- Designing and shipping product experiences for international audiences. Any experience working on products in the event or live streaming space would be a plus.
- A passion for live events and connections
- Pride in your work, but you are flexible in making changes and hearing others thoughts. Humility is really important at Hopin.
- Great communication skills, being full remote means we have to go the extra mile in understanding each other the best way we can.
- Experience working and managing a remote team of designers
- Experience collaboration with Engineering and Product Management.
- Experience working in a fast-paced scale-up tech environment
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box.
- Digital product design for responsive web and mobile apps.
- Creating sketches, prototypes, demos, wireframes and user-interface solutions for various product features.
- UX / UI design best practices.
- Working at scale with style guides, pattern libraries, or design systems.
- Design and prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Marvel...etc.
- Fluent in English.
- Confident communicating complex product challenges and UX / UI flows.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Work laptop - Macbook Pro or DELL XPS
- 800 USD to improve your home-office set up