Finance Operations Manager
At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
The Finance Operations Manager will be an integral member of a growing team and will assume full ownership of the procure to pay and order to cash processes world-wide. The Finance Operations Manager will work closely with members of the finance, sales, IT, legal, people operations and numerous external customers and vendors.
You will develop and implement payment and billing processes and systems that will help ensure the accuracy and completeness of our records and contribute to smooth financial operations. You will play a critical role in the day-to-day operations of the company. We are looking for someone who is passionate for driving financial improvement, scalability, and process excellence.
This candidate must possess a strong passion for accountability, setting high standards with a constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, systems, and processes.
The ideal candidate will be able to think big to create a long-term plan, but have exceptional tactical skills to drive day-to-day operational processes. They are able to learn quickly and be willing to experiment with new ideas. The projects and priorities will change rapidly, and no one week will look like the one before. We move very fast and you’ll be at the center of the action.
- Design and build a world class global finance operations organization that can efficiently scale with Hopin’s hyper growth business
- Develop and oversee the Company’s procure to pay and order to cash processes and create a roadmap and multi-gen plan to achieve it.
- Support the monthly close process by ensuring timely and accurate recording of transactions and reconciliation of accounts
- Assist and coordinate banking and treasury function worldwide.
- Establish international accounts payable processes in conjunction with the third party global service partners.
- Manages the company’s purchasing cards, payments, and reconciliation of payments to invoices ensuring timely payment for all suppliers.
- Evaluate current and new technology solutions to automate, improve accurate & on-time payment, reduce cost and improve the internal customer and external vendor experience.
- Work with internal teams, customers and vendors to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Ensure customer payments are received within approved term, reconcile accounts, research, maintain customer base information and work with internal and external resources to resolve account issues as they arise.
- Propose process changes to improve invoicing, payments and collections efficiency and effectiveness.
- Determine the bad debt allowance and which invoices should be written off on a monthly basis
- Assist in implementing an automated customer billing and collections solution.
- Use complex problem solving skills, manage multiple high visibility priorities, and maintain a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations.
- Hire, manage, mentor and train staff, as the department expands, to ensure staff are ready to take on new challenges associated with growth.
- Program Management: drive ownership of key deliverables across businesses, teams, and other stakeholders in order to implement automated and scalable solutions.
- Define KPI's and dashboards for performance management.
- Ensure internal controls are established and operating effectively.
- Other duties as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years finance operations, accounting or AP experience in a large fast growing international company with 2+ years managing direct reports.
- Extensive knowledge about accounting and management principles and Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills to manage relationships throughout the company.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced, global team environment
- Ability to work dynamically and quickly with internal business partners
- Knowledge of vendor on-boarding procedures and required tax forms
- Strong analytical acumen and being comfortable with drawing metric-based conclusions
- Strong technical skills - Excel, ERP systems, analytical and extreme attention to detail
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.