At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Hopin is seeking a world-class and hands-on Accounting Manager to support our fast-paced organization. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Accounting Manager will oversee the accounting function of the Company and will be crucial in developing and laying a solid foundation for our accounting close and internal controls processes.
This position will interact and coordinate with colleagues in FP&A, sales, legal and various other departments across the Company to ensure proper accounting treatment and accurate financial results. The Accounting Manager will play a key role in the Finance organization around process improvement, system implementations and optimizations, standardizing processes globally, and mentoring the team. We are looking for someone who loves rolling up their sleeves and diving into all activities associated with accounting, reporting, internal controls and compliance.
The ideal candidate is a process minded person with high attention to detail and sense of urgency, takes initiative and is able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies with minimal supervision.
- Manage day-to-day accounting activities with outsourced 3rd party providers.
- Ownership of full cycle general ledger financial close process and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with IFRS and U.S GAAP, including managing/reviewing close activities such as journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Drive process improvement and automation efforts to streamline Accounting. operations and improve the quality of monthly, quarterly, and annual closes, and internal controls.
- Analyze and research accounting matters, providing accurate and comprehensive documentation of issues identified and resolutions reached.
- Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for on-going accounting activities.
- Responsible for registering with new countries & states & filing monthly sales tax
- Prepare and review journal entries for various business transactions as needed.
- Support the Controller and other team members with various analysis and ad hoc projects.
- Partner closely with FP&A team around monthly variance analysis and management reporting.
- Proactively identifying issues and assisting in optimizing systems, upgrades and automation of accounting processes; including but not limited to ERP implementation.
- Hire, manage, mentor and train staff, as the department expands, to ensure staff are ready to take on new challenges associated with growth.
- Define KPI's and dashboards for performance management.
- Ensure internal controls are established and operating effectively.
- Other duties as requested.
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting or Finance.
- Chartered Accountant or Certified Public Accountant credentials required.
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience; public accounting experience is highly desired.
- A background working in/with startups, preferably in SAAS.
- Experience working with international operations or subsidiaries is a plus.
- Excellent knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP.
- Expertise in IFRS 15 and ASC 606 a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, presentation and informal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with external providers and across many departments with varying levels of staff and management to solve problems and achieve results.
- Highly detail-oriented with excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills, efficient, self-motivated with the ability to follow through and implement process improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills to manage relationships throughout the company.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects from conception to completion in a fast-paced, global team environment.
- Strong technical skills - Excel, ERP systems, analytical and extreme attention to detail.
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Laptop assigned, Mac or Windows
- 800 USD for Home-Office set up
- Health benefits-US
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.