At Hopin, we’re reimagining virtual events.
As the first all-in-one virtual venue for live online events, Hopin brings people together in a highly interactive and engaging online experience that feels just like an in-person event, only without the barriers.
We’re spearheading the innovative technology that is enabling people to gather online like never before. Whether it’s a 50-person meetup, or a 50,000-person conference—any type of event organizer can host a Hopin event for their attendees, speakers, sponsors, and vendors to convene and interact face-to-face online.
Our mission is simple: better connections for a better planet.
We believe in events without limits, but events that are sustainable and accessible to everyone—and fun, too! To do this, we need passionate builders and storytellers to join us. Do you love people and technology and the magic that happens when they converge at scale? Do you have the skills and experience we’re looking for to better serve our clients? If so, we’d like to meet.
We’ve recently been funded by Accel, Northzone, Seedcamp, Web Summit’s Fund, Slack Fund and a number of high-profile angel investors participated, including Supercell founder Ilkka Paananen, UiPath founder Daniel Dines, Intercom founder Des Traynor, GoCardless COO Carlos Gonzalez-Cadenas and Miro founder Andrey Khusid.
Hopin is seeking a digital product designer who is self-driven, passionate and ambitious. We're looking for someone with the ability to go from the "big picture" view of a user experience right down to the "close-up" level of pixels and micro-interactions.
We're excited to work with someone who is proactive, highly motivated, comfortable in a rapidly changing start-up environment, and happy to work with a remote-first team. We're currently a team of +140, and you will be working with a growing team of senior product designers.
- Work collaboratively with our in-house team of product designers, and 2 external design agencies.
- Collaboratively develop, implement and lead an effective design process.
- Balance visual design, information architecture and interaction design.
- Work with the development team to create thoughtful designs based on user needs and technical constraints.
- Design new features while also improving the existing UX of the application.
- Work on both the web app and future mobile app.
- Develop coherent visual design guidelines.
You’ll need to have
- A solid portfolio of digital product design experience.
- A deep understanding of accessible and user centered design processes.
- UI Design abilities that can be demonstrated through your portfolio of (Live) projects.
- Proficiency with current industry standard design and collaboration tools like Figma, etc.
- A passion for live events.
- Pride in your work, but you are flexible in making changes and hearing others thoughts. Humility is really important at Hopin.
- Great communication skills, being full remote means we have to go the extra mile in understanding each other the best way we can.
We’re looking for experience in:
- Working and collaborating with remote team members.
- Fast-paced environments and product based companies (mobile or web).
- Close collaboration with Engineering and Product Management.
- Designing and shipping product experiences for international audiences. Any experience working on products in the event or live streaming space would be a plus.
Experience comes in many forms and passion goes a long way. If your background is close to what we are looking for, please consider applying even if you can’t check every box.
- Digital product design for responsive web and mobile apps.
- Creating sketches, prototypes, demos, wireframes and user-interface solutions for various product features.
- UX / UI design best practices.
- Working at scale with style guides, pattern libraries, or design systems.
- Design and prototyping tools like Figma, Sketch, XD, Photoshop, Illustrator, Marvel...etc.
- Fluent in English.
- Confident communicating complex product challenges and UX / UI flows.
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to work closely with creative, technical, and business stakeholders.
- Previous experience with a video platform.
- Experience working within design systems (Atomic, Lightning, Carbon...etc).
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS/JS.
- Experience in video editing.
- Experience guiding work with external design agencies.
- Experience in digital marketing (AdWords, SEO, ReTargeting...etc).
- Competitive salary
- Fully remote team, work from any corner of the world
- Flexible schedules
- Work laptop - Macbook Pro or DELL XPS
- 800 USD to improve your home-office set up
At Hopin, we're committed to cultivating an environment that promotes equality, diversity, and inclusion. We are a global community and we believe our unique qualities must be celebrated as they are critical to our innovation. It's essential to us that you bring your authentic self to work every single day, no matter your age, ethnicity, religion, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity, or otherwise. Inclusion isn't just an initiative at Hopin. We strive to embed it not just into our core values but throughout our entire ecosystem.